FAQ – OnPage optimization
OnPage optimization is the basis for success
The OnPage optimization describes all methods of SEO, which can be done on your own site and are not externally influenced. They are your own responsibility and are part of a reasonable search engine optimization.
This includes the adjustment of meta data, page titles and headlines, alternative texts for images and the revision of the website texts. This is, as already mentioned, only a part of the search engine optimization. However, the external factors will continue to be in the focus and are not so easily influenced by website operators. This is called OffPage optimization.
Influensible factors for a successful website:
- Titles – Individual titles are important because they tell the search engine what the page is about.
- Headlines – Like the titles, the headlines used by Google & Co. are an important indication of which topic is covered on the page.
- Menu navigation – The search engine uses the menu navigation to find the subpages. For this reason, the menu navigation must be clear and must be equipped with relevant search terms.
- Images – Since the search engine crawlers have no eyes, images must be handled with care in order not to deprive the search engine of important content. Alternative texts should always be set.
- Internal linking – Search engines attach great importance to good internal linking, which must therefore also be taken into account in the course of page optimisation.
- Texts – The content of a page plays a central role in search engine optimization. Since crawlers can only “read” text, the content of a page is the fodder for the search engines. The success of an SEO campaign depends on the search engine friendliness and the quality of the texts used.
- Sitemap – To ensure that the search engine reaches all pages and understands the hierarchy of the site correctly, a sitemap is also used.
- Meta Tags – The description is especially important here, as search engines like to use it later as a description text in the search results. The description is therefore crucial to whether a search engine user decides to visit the site.
- Increase of the loading times
- Optimization of the mobile website for tablets and smartphones
- Improving navigation for better handling by the visitor of a website.the website should be designed barrier-free so that visitors with a hearing or visual impairment can better understand the content.
- The length and structure of a URL should also be optimized so that search engines can
- Important key terms can be displayed in bold or italics.
These are only the most important factors in the optimization. Many points are also important for successful search engine advertising. Technical aspects must also be considered. These include creating robots.txt file or checking the htaccess file. We carry out extensive optimization for our clients to ensure that all aspects for an SEO or SEA campaign are fulfilled. Furthermore, an OnPage optimisation should always be carried out before the OffPage optimisation.
Grevenbroicher road 45
50829 Cologne Germany
Phone: +49 221/29884152